Here are ten spiritual statements that i came up with randomly a few months ago. I actually made the whole list because my father asked me to write some sort of motivational type letter for my younger brother Braden’s 13th birthday. I like lists, so i figured he would enjoy it… and i am hoping that maybe you can get a little something from it too.
1. You ARE a follower of Jesus Christ; everything else is secondary and just something you DO.
2. Start every day with at least some reading of the Bible and prayer. Essentially when you start your day without meeting with God you are saying that you believe you can go through the day by yourself and you don’t in fact need God. Not needing God is not even an option. You must set the tone for the day at the very beginning; surrendering it to God.
3. Study and Meditate on the word, Joshua 1:8 says “Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful” (NIV). But please remember when you study to remember the context of the passage! Not thinking of the context gets many people into a world of hurt, twisting what the verse actually means!
4. PRAY. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “Pray without ceasing” (NASB). Nothing of eternal significance will ever happen apart from prayer.
5. Apply what you learn. Useless head knowledge does nothing if you do not apply it. See James 1:22-25.
6. Be Transparent, not fake. Admit when you have done wrong and when you have not measured up to the standard. Not only will God thank you, but so will others.
7. Think before you act; it will save you many regrets. See Proverbs 13:16
8. When temptations arise, remember to call upon the name of the Lord and he will HELP you through it. See Romans 6:12-14 (Quite possibly my favorite passage) and 1 Corinthians 10:13.
9. Seek God to continue to add fuel to the fire; keep the passion for God flowing within you to create a desire to know him and do his will. See Psalm 69:9
10. Follow the two greatest commandments; Love God and Love people. When someone does wrong against you, repay them with love and kindness. See Matthew 22:37-40 and 1 Peter 3:9
Give all of your life and talents to serving Christ and wreaking havoc on the enemy!