I completed Tony Morgan’s book, Killing Cockroaches a few weeks ago and thought I would give it a little free press. I love this book. It was very simple and easy to follow. There were no long chapters. Rather, he organized them into very short “bloggish” type sections. It was a great read and I recommend it to any type of leader! Here is a quick excerpt from it:
10 easy ways to know you’re not a leader
- You’re waiting on a bigger staff and more money to accomplish your vision.
- You think you need to be in charge in order to have influence.
- You’re content.
- You tend to foster division instead of generating a helpful dialogue.
- You think you need to say something to be heard.
- You find it easier to blame others for your circumstances than to take responsibility for solutions.
- It’s been some time since you said, “I messed up.”
- You’re driven by the task instead of the relationships and the vision.
- Your dreams are so small that people think they can be achieved.
- No one is following you.