For those of you interested in public speaking, here are a few of the things I noticed from the communicators at Bigstuf camps. They used each of these techniques very effectively and it was obvious to me that these helped a lot.
1) Get engaged QUICK. (ask questions! How many of you? How many of you know what I am talking about? Etc.)
2) Find their emotions. (sports, food, etc.)
3) Use physical illustrations.
4) Connect. MUST create tension! Ask Q’s they want A’s to.
5) Always give illustrations/example of points.
6) WHY??? Is this important?
7) Use real life stories. How do I personally react with God/topic.