I had the privilege to attend NewSpring Church’s first leadership conference this past thursday. It was sick nasty. My mind was blown many, many, many times. Therefore, I thought I would hook you up with a few of the quotes that blew my mind.
- In the Scriptures it is perfectly normal to not know what is coming next.
- If you want God to use you greatly He must wound you deeply!
- Suffering costs so much! Don’t waste it!
- When you suffer you are forced to reduce life to the essentials.
- As Paul gets closer to Jesus the more he realizes his own sin.
- If people say it has never been done, God may have left it for you to do.
- Don’t become so familiar with the fireworks that you forget how special it is!
- Everything is worthless if there is no specific and immediate obedience.
- The most extraordinary acts of God begin with ordinary obedience!
- NOTHING is insignificant when done for Christ!
- Before God wants to do something great through you he wants to do something in you!
- Don’t be addicted to activity and not Jesus.
- If you have never had an “oh crap” moment you haven’t heard from God!
- When you try to make God a math equation he will ensure that your seven steps DON’T work.
- The first step to getting to the other side is ADMITTING you are not there!
- Church is NOT for church people.
- Acceptance paves the way to influence.
- Partner DON’T pioneer.
- If we weren’t careful in the beginning… why are we now??
- God has not called us to protect anything!! We are called to advance a kingdom!!
- You started with nothing… its okay to go back to nothing!
- Don’t try to be cool. Don’t try to be creative. Tell the truth.
- Are people leaving church talking about the program, the message, etc, or Jesus??